Half of Floridians are “cost-burdened” meaning they pay more than 40% for rent or their mortgage. And thousands live below the poverty level. Many of these families are one emergency away from homelessness.
We work with our area families to give them help, hope and guidance to prevent homelessness and help re-house homeless families getting them back on their feet.
We offer a variety of services to assist families and individuals in need:
- Water bill and deposit assistance to help keep water on in homes and help those families moving with the new deposit
- Hygiene items needed because food stamps don’t cover them
- Mailbox services so homeless families can receive their mail
- Florida ID and birth certificate assistance for individuals who don’t have a Florida ID. These items can be costly to a family with more urgent needs
- Laundry facility for the homeless enables a family to have clean clothes
- ACCESS FL computer assists families applying for benefits. Staff on hand can assist with the application process
- Clothing closet provides clothes for work and job interviews
- Emergency food for the homeless offers them a chance to pick out food.
- Spending classes are offered to all individuals to help them toward self-sufficiency.